Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Getting Back

Its been 5 months since I used this Blog.

I have been in a funk.

My health took a dive for a little while and I had a set back.  We are on a slow road to correcting and I will learn later this month if I am improving enough with current measure or if more effort is needed.

This set back became financial.

I eventually had to move back in with my parents and there was much in the way of drama, and it was even harder for me to focus on writing when so much other things were out of place.

Then I took an awesome vacation.  Then my cat died.  Then more drama.

Things are finally settling as I'm approaching my birthday.  Autumn is a huge time for me to get grounded and then refocus.

I am participating in NaNoWriMo this time around and I have several thoughts as to how to approach it and 2 weeks to ramp up my writing.  I have support in my husband, parents, and other members of my IRL family and friends.  I have found huge support from my Googs as well.  On the whole, I'm approaching this with a much more CAN DO attitude.

That said I will post this message then start outlining some ideas.  Feedback (even critical) is super welcome.  I will not get offended, unless you say something like "hey jerkface, I think you suck" which is mean and not helpful.  Things like "your character seems to lack this quality and I don't like this aspect..." that is ok, cause, I need to hear it.  I may not respond until December about it, but, it will be helpful at some point.

~Carrie


3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the challenges you have been going through, but I'm glad you have the support of your family and friends. Happy birthday and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the writing! Nanowrimo is a bear! Have lots of cider on hand.

    ReplyDelete