Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Final Colony by Lacerant Plainer

As promised, I am writing a quick review of my reading of  Lacerant Plainer's "The Final Colony".  It is a short story so I can't say much without giving it away, although, I was assured by the author that more is coming, which is ideal because I want to learn more about the character of Xen.

The story is told from the alien perspective of the PXY, in particular, a being named Xen.  The civilization has a viewpoint integral to their culture regarding the absence of violent struggle, but, one of regeneration and growth.  The PXY have long-term goals of seeding themselves throughout the universe to ensure their survival by painstaking measures of colonization.

Of course, something goes wrong in the process...

A quick and entertaining read, I recommend shelling the $0.99 to purchase it.

The short story can be found here:
http://www.amazon.com/Final-Colony-Short-Story-ebook/dp/B006JVK888/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334083960&sr=8-1

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment