Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Power and Passion of Plus

So, I've been on Google+ from close to the beginning.  I needed the invite to get in.

At first I didn't get it, it was just something my husband did, he was passionate about it.

Then starting just past the new year, disgruntled and increasingly irritated with other social networking options, I really started getting involved over at the G+.  I cannot sing the praises enough.  Not only am I meeting people that are interesting, unique, insightful and intelligent, but are also engaging, genuine, humorous and passionate.

That last bit is important.  I am finding in mainstream American/Western society this prevalence of complacency.  Its an overwhelming state of blah, that is permeating personal, professional and political spheres, where people are taking the backseat, letting others drive and putting the 'hard stuff' away.

Yes, life can be overwhelming, difficult and trying, but what makes it great is our connections to the world.  We have this wonderful gift where we can form communities and support and inspire and people seem to forget that.   Life is what you make it.  If life is spent maintaining the status quo, when do we get the chance to grow?  All life contains growth, expansion and evolution of function.

This is what Plus is doing for me and has the capability of doing for everyone.  Its this wonderful group of peoples across the globe connecting based on interest, based on passions.  It educational, by providing perspectives that you may  not come across in your day to day lives.

I've already grown.  Sure, I don't have the largest following of people out there, but, its growing, which is a reflection of my growth.  My people are actively offering insight and opinions that I may not find in my personal life or with other networks.  There is acceptance and validation.

A new friend that I have met on this service actually phrased it very well:

 I believe Carl Sagan said it best:
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it
but the way those atoms are put together."
It applies to each and every one of us. The sheer magnitude of people on a network of any kind, whether it be school, work, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc doesn't mean a thing. It's the way that we interact. It's the way we build something new with our communication with one another. 

If real life was anything like Google+.... I can't even bring myself to words to describe how amazing life would be."
-Scott Lewis


The term 'plus' refers to the addition of something. Google Plus is allowing proactive people to flourish and share in a way that I'm not sure has been done before, or at least not on as grand a scale, and has the capability of adding so much to the human experience.  I can't wait to see where this will take us...

No comments:

Post a Comment